This This delicious
Easy Crock Pot Taco Soup
is great for a quick meal at dinner or lunch and best enjoyed with taco chips.
As I mentioned in my last post about Party Crack Mix, two of my children came to visit me this Christmas, and one of the things they did was to make the meals and let me relax! I loved it. But what great cooks my daughter and daughter-in-law are! My daughter in law made this wonderful Taco Soup. My son, who is a construction worker was saying that when he is out in the cold weather, nothing is better than his thermos filled with this delicious soup.
Well, I didn’t doubt him, but I have to agree, because this soup is totally fabulous! The fact that it can be made either in the stock pot (for a double recipe) or in the crock pot makes it doubly fabulous. It is a convenient meal for any time of the day. Don’t take my word for it, mix up a batch. We are going to be enjoying it for New Year’s Day while we watch the bowl games. Hope your New Year is just as wonderful as mine will be.
- If using a Crock Pot, use one can each
- 2 15 oz Cans each (including liquid) of corn, pinto beans, black beans, chili-with or without beans, and sliced olives
- 2 Lbs extra lean hamburger, chicken or sausage meat
- 1 2.5 oz Pkt. Taco Seasoning
- 1 2.5 oz Pkt Powdered Ranch Dressing Flavoring
- Garlic/ Onion as desired
- Brown meat with onion and garlic, and drain fat ( I rinse it as well)
- put into Crock or Stock pot
- add all other ingredients.
- If in stock pot, bring to boil then keep warm as needed.
- If in Crock Pot, Cook on high for 2-3 hours, until ready to eat.
- ENJOY this delicious soup with taco chips.
- ** OPTIONAL ALTERNATE RECIPE***
- This recipe can be quite high in sodium, which is not really all that healthy. If you wish to decrease sodium, pour off the liquid from the cans goods except the chili, and replace with one 32oz carton low sodium chicken broth- more if you prefer it to be soupier. Taco seasoning can also be replace with home made taco seasoning as suggested
- *** Home Made TACO SEASONIONG recipe***
- this recipe came from a person on reddit called "hands open" who gave really great critique about the recipe:
- Tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp paprika, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (add more if you like it spicy), ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper. these are all staples in my pantry anyway :-)
- optional: corn starch (thickening agent), ½ tsp garlic powder (I use fresh garlic in most recipes so it's unnecessary for me), ¼ tsp onion powder (again, not necessary if you use fresh chopped onion)