This delicious easy Crock Pot Taco Soup is easily made in the slow cooker for a weeknight meal or a quick lunch treat. It is so yummy, you can enjoy it all year round. Add a dollop of sour cream or a bit of grated cheese and you are set!
This is a meal that is so mom-friendly because not only is it quick and easy, but it is also so down to the bone satisfying! Easy Crock Pot Taco Soup is not only a cold weather entree, but delicious all year round. As I mentioned in my last post about Party Crack Mix, two of my children came to visit me this Christmas, and one of the things they did was to make the meals and let me relax! I loved it. What great cooks my children are! One of the meals they made is this wonderful Taco Soup. My son, who is a construction worker was saying that when he is out in the cold weather, nothing is better than his thermos filled with this delicious soup.
Well, I didn’t doubt him, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was even more delicious than I’d anticipated. This soup is totally delicious! The fact that it can be made either in the stock pot (for a double recipe) or in the crock pot makes it doubly fabulous. It is a convenient meal for any time of the day. Don’t take my word for it, mix up a batch. We are going to be enjoying Easy Crock Pot Taco Soup for New Year’s Day while we watch the bowl games. Hope your New Year is just as wonderful as mine will be.
If you enjoy Mexican themed soups, check out this one that my friend Linda over at Food Storage Moms shared. It is really good too!
Taco Soup Add-ons
Easy Crock Pot Taco Soup is so delicious by itself, but we experimented and found a few additions that increase the flavor and provide variety. Try using one or more of these delicious tidbits with your steaming bowl of deliciousness for an extra delight:
Chopped Cilantro, Grated Cheddar Cheese, Grated Onions, Sour Cream, Crunched Taco Chips, Fritos Chips (R) Pickle Relish or Chutney.
Home Made Taco Seasoning
If you’re the type that enjoys adding your own spices to recipes, here is an easy Taco Seasoning recipe that is delicious in the soup:
this recipe came from a person on reddit called “hands open” who gave really great critique about the recipe:
Tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (add more if you like it spicy), 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper. these are all staples in my pantry anyway
optional: corn starch (thickening agent), 1/2 tsp garlic powder (I use fresh garlic in most recipes so it’s unnecessary for me), 1/4 tsp onion powder (again, not necessary if you use fresh chopped onion)
- If using a Crock Pot, use one can each
- 2 15 oz Cans each (including liquid) of corn, pinto beans, black beans, chili-with or without beans, and sliced olives
- 2 Lbs extra lean hamburger, chicken or sausage meat
- 1 2.5 oz Pkt. Taco Seasoning
- 1 2.5 oz Pkt Powdered Ranch Dressing Flavoring
- Garlic/ Onion as desired
- Brown meat with onion and garlic, and drain fat ( I rinse it as well)
- put into Crock or Stock pot
- add all other ingredients.
- If in stock pot, bring to boil then keep warm as needed.
- If in Crock Pot, Cook on high for 2-3 hours, until ready to eat.
- ENJOY this delicious soup with taco chips.
- ** OPTIONAL ALTERNATE RECIPE***
- This recipe can be quite high in sodium, which is not really all that healthy. If you wish to decrease sodium, pour off the liquid from the cans goods except the chili, and replace with one 32oz carton low sodium chicken broth- more if you prefer it to be soupier. Taco seasoning can also be replace with home made taco seasoning as suggested
- *** Home Made TACO SEASONIONG recipe***
- this recipe came from a person on reddit called "hands open" who gave really great critique about the recipe:
- Tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp paprika, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (add more if you like it spicy), ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper. these are all staples in my pantry anyway :-)
- optional: corn starch (thickening agent), ½ tsp garlic powder (I use fresh garlic in most recipes so it's unnecessary for me), ¼ tsp onion powder (again, not necessary if you use fresh chopped onion)
- Enjoy with toppings such as Chopped Cilantro, Grated Cheddar Cheese, Grated Onions, Sour Cream, Crunched Taco Chips, Fritos Chips (R) Pickle Relish or Chutney.